Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
The herb rub nicely flavors the pork. This recipe is originally from epicurious.com. Preparation time includes 8 hour "marination."
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 3 lbs pork loin roast, rolled and tied
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture evenly over the roast.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, turning roast occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rack in roasting pan and place pork on the rack.
- Roast until thermometer inserted in center of roast registers 160 degrees F (about 1 hour 25 minutes.).
I had a small pork loin (smaller than called for) and used amount of herbs and spices called for. I placed all the spices in a zip top bag and then added the pork loin and massaged the spices in through the bag. I let it sit for probably 16 hours in the fridge before I roasted this. This recipe was super easy, tasted great, and my DH loved the leftovers on sandwiches the next day.
Flavour was definately good. I followed directions but it didn't turn out as moist as other reviews claimed...not sure why?
I couldn't find my sage. I did use tarragon instead. This is easy enough for an 11-year old to make. I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle chile pepper. This roast was absolutely awesome! It was fun for my girl to run the spices through the mortar & pestle and rub them into the roast, the put it in the ziplock bag before baking. I'm planning on using the leftovers for pressed sandwiches.