This smells so good and tastes even better. Serve this with that great gravy and mashed potatoes. A meal to remember.
- Soak the lid of your clay cooker for 1/2 hour.Mine has a glazed lower part.
- Cover bottom of pot with thickly sliced onion.
- Make several slits in your roast and insert whole garlic cloves.
- Place the roast over the onions.
- Add chicken breast on the side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth on the side.
- Cover and place in a cold oven.
- Set the oven to 425°F.
- Cook for 4 hours.
- Remove from oven.
- Place pork and chicken in serving platter.
- Add sliced onions on the side.
- Pour cooking liquid in sauce pan.
- Mix water and flour and whisk into boiling liquid.Simmer a few minutes.
- Pour your tasty gravy in a gravy bowl.
- When I cook a roast of pork I always add chicken to give the gravy that special taste.
- I use the leftover chicken for another meal.