1/2 Photos of Roast Pork for the Clay Cooker
4 hrs 10 mins
This smells so good and tastes even better. Serve this with that great gravy and mashed potatoes. A meal to remember.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the lid of your clay cooker for 1/2 hour.Mine has a glazed lower part.
- 2Cover bottom of pot with thickly sliced onion.
- 3Make several slits in your roast and insert whole garlic cloves.
- 4Place the roast over the onions.
- 5Add chicken breast on the side.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Pour chicken broth on the side.
- 8Cover and place in a cold oven.
- 9Set the oven to 425°F.
- 10Cook for 4 hours.
- 11Remove from oven.
- 12Place pork and chicken in serving platter.
- 13Add sliced onions on the side.
- 14Pour cooking liquid in sauce pan.
- 15Mix water and flour and whisk into boiling liquid.Simmer a few minutes.
- 16Pour your tasty gravy in a gravy bowl.
- 18When I cook a roast of pork I always add chicken to give the gravy that special taste.
- 19I use the leftover chicken for another meal.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork for the Clay Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 269.0 mg
- Sodium 571.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 94.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: