Recipe by Stanley the Westie
I used to eat this with rice or plain just like that. The skin is crispy and kids just loves it. Easy to make and taste really yummy. Some Chinese Restaurants sells this too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Score the inner pork belly with a sharp knife.
- Rub the meat with 30g of coarse salt and the five-spice powder.
- Pierce metal skewers through the upper and lower portion of the pork belly to prevent it from shrinking during roasting.
- Rub the remaining coarse salt on the skin of the pork belly.
- Roast the pork for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Halfway through the roasting time, remove the roast pork from the oven and rub off all the salt from the skin. Prick the skin all over with a stainless steel tenderiser needle.
- Return the pork to the oven and roast it on high heat until pork is blackened and skin is crispy. Remove from oven and scrape off the blackened part.
- Return to oven and continue roasting till done.