1 hr 10 mins
Stanley the Westie's Note:
I used to eat this with rice or plain just like that. The skin is crispy and kids just loves it. Easy to make and taste really yummy. Some Chinese Restaurants sells this too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- 2Score the inner pork belly with a sharp knife.
- 3Rub the meat with 30g of coarse salt and the five-spice powder.
- 4Pierce metal skewers through the upper and lower portion of the pork belly to prevent it from shrinking during roasting.
- 5Rub the remaining coarse salt on the skin of the pork belly.
- 6Roast the pork for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 7Halfway through the roasting time, remove the roast pork from the oven and rub off all the salt from the skin. Prick the skin all over with a stainless steel tenderiser needle.
- 8Return the pork to the oven and roast it on high heat until pork is blackened and skin is crispy. Remove from oven and scrape off the blackened part.
- 9Return to oven and continue roasting till done.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pork (Chinese Style)
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3885.0
- Calories from Fat 3578
- Total Fat 397.5 g
- Saturated Fat 144.9 g
- Cholesterol 540.0 mg
- Sodium 12837.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 70.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: