Recipe by Lainey6605
This heart harvest dinner has all the flavor of a slow-cooked roast, without the fuss. Recipe from Kraft.
Top Review by TasteTester
Wow, what a delicious meal this makes. The pork was very tender, and even though apples are often included in pork recipes, I'd never used them before when cooking with pork. I didn't know what I was missing! The only thing I did differently was to use regular long-grain rice instead of Minute Rice. I made it first, and then after cooking the other ingredients, I just put a little broth in the pan and laid the cooked rice on top of the pork chops, without mixing it in, so it would stay warm, but not get mushy while the the ingredients simmered for 10 minutes. This is my new favorite pork recipe, one that I'll be making over and over again. Thanks, Lainey for a terrific recipe!!
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1⁄2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can water (use broth can)
- 2 red apples, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add chops; cook on medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add onion, mushrooms and dressing; cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, broth, water, apples and thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes or until heated through.