Recipe by ElaineAnn
This savory, tender roast takes some time and effort, but it is worth it. You've never had pork roast this good!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely OUTSTANDING taste to this roast! Definitely a make-again kind of thing, & I'm thinking that the sauce would go great on shredded pork sandwiches, too! Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 lbs boneless pork top loin
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Curacao
Directions See How It's Made
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Place fat side up in open roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and Curacao) in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cooked mixture: return to sauce. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Add Curacao; continue cooking and stirring for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Remove drippings from roasting pan. Cover roast with 1/3 of the sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Now cover with half the remaining sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Repeat again with half the remaining sauce and bake 15 minutes more.
- Reheat remaining sauce to serve with roast.