Cook2 hrs 15 mins
This savory, tender roast takes some time and effort, but it is worth it. You've never had pork roast this good!
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Place fat side up in open roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and Curacao) in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cooked mixture: return to sauce. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Add Curacao; continue cooking and stirring for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Remove drippings from roasting pan. Cover roast with 1/3 of the sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Now cover with half the remaining sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Repeat again with half the remaining sauce and bake 15 minutes more.
- Reheat remaining sauce to serve with roast.
Absolutely OUTSTANDING taste to this roast! Definitely a make-again kind of thing, & I'm thinking that the sauce would go great on shredded pork sandwiches, too! Thanks for the recipe!
We totally enjoyed this. It is a bit tedious taking it in and out of the oven but well worth it. We also used Triple Sec, but when we make this again will search out some Curacao. The sauce is kind of BBQ with a hint of sweet and sour but I imagine with the Curacao would be even more so. I will add pineapple next time. Great Recipe!
This was so good that my husband said we could make a living selling them! Absolutely delicious and really easy. I used Triple Sec for the Curacao. Thank you Elaine Ann for a truly special recipe.