Roast Plum Tomato and Goats' Cheese Feuilleté Tarts With
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Cut out four circles 20cm of puff pastry. With a sharp pointed knife, carefully score a circle 1cm in from the edge of each disk. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Slice the cheese log into 16 slices approximately half a centimetre thick.
- Alternate four tomato halves and four cheese slices within each inner circle, overlapping them and tucking one or two torn basil leaves in and around. Save eight of the basil leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for ten minutes or so until the pastry has puffed up around the edges and is golden.
- Meanwhile, finely shred the remaining basil leaves and combine with the mascarpone and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and place in the centre of your serving plate. Place a small scoop of basil mascarpone in the centre and serve immediately.