Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turkish salad posted for ZWT6. Prep time does not include refrigeration time or time at room temp prior to serving.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 ripe peaches
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- generous pinch paprika
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Char the peppers all over on a stove burner or barbecue. Seal them in a paper bag for 20 minutes, then slip off the skins, remove the seeds, and cut into strips.
- You can skin the peaches, if desired, or leave them as is. Remove the pits and slice the peaches.
- Add the peaches to the peppers, then toss gently with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors combine.
- Let the salad warm for 15 minutes at room temperature, and serve.