Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful dip, it delicious, and refreshingly different from the usual dips. So many people comment on it when I serve it a parties, etc - but, why ask for the recipe when they can ask me make it & bring it!! You can store this in the fridge up to a week. Go on Give it a try.
- 3 red capsicums, halved & deseeded (Pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- Preheat oven to 190 deg Celsius. Place the capsicum halves into a roasting pan & drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until skin blisters.
- Remove from oven, place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & leave to sweat.
- When capsicums are cool, the skins will peel off easily.
- Place capsicum flesh, remaining oil, chilli sauce and tomato paste into the bowl of a food processor, process to combine.
- Add Cashews and process again until smooth.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
Thanks, love this. Added a couple of cloves of garlic that I'd roasted with the peppers and left out the tomato paste as per another reviewer and added parmesan. Was sweet but I like it. Thanks
This recipe is great and after I read all the reveiws I made it leaving out the tomato paste and adding in 1/3 cup of parmesan (or even fetta would be nice) which made the dip less sweet and it was a winner all round. Everyone that has tried it loves it!!!!!
Only gave this 4 stars as I felt it needed something extra and I found it a little sweet (as did some others at the bbq). I am taking it to another "do" tomorrow. Will mix in some more salt and perhaps some tuscany seasoning...to see if that takes away the sweet taste. Apart from these quibbles it was still enjoyable-and some found it quite okay as it was.