Use pears that are fairly firm to allow them to cook and absorb the buttery juices without becoming too soft. From Leith's recipe of the day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C/350Fgas mark 4.
- 2Put the pears into a roasting pan and cover with the butter, sugar and apple juice.
- 3Put the roasting pan into the centre of the oven and roast for 20 minutes, basting occasionally. Add the pecans and Calvados and continue to cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the pears are tender and the butter and sugar caramelised.
- 4Remove the pears from the pan and keep warm. Add the double cream to the sauce and stir until well mixed together. If the sauce looks as though it might curdle, add a tablespoon or two of very cold water and stir into the sauce until it is thick and shiny.
- 5Divide the pears between four serving plates or bowls and pour the warm butterscotch sauce over them.
- 6Serve immediately with a good quality vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Pears With Pecans and Apple Butterscotch Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 90.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g