Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had these in a pub in London and loved them. Good alternative to french fries. From English Traditional Recipes.
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel parsnips and cut lengthwise into quarters, removing any woody core.
- Drop into boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the parsnips in flour seasoned with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil onto a roasting pan and heat in the oven.
- Add the parsnips and toss them to coat in the warm oil. Roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with the fresh nutmeg. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.