Top Review by teresaspindel
This was very good and simple to make! I didn´t know how big the onions should be so I used 10 little ones (between golf ball and tennis ball size) and I thing I had too much butter , so maybe next time I´ll use some bigger onions... But the taste was soooo good! Very simple and fresh food, my favorite! I had them with rice and a green salad. Thanks for posting!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet until it is foaming.
- Add the onion quarters in quantities that fit easily in the pan.
- Toss the onions over moderate heat until well coated on all sides.
- Transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the onion every 20 minutes during roasting.