1/3 Photos of Roast New York Strip Loin With Garlic-Herb Crust
4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
This is what I cook when I want to pull out all the stops and impress people. It's easy but tastes like something you'd get at a 5-star restaurant. I double all the ingredients for added flavor, sometimes tripling the garlic. From Bon Appetit, December 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With machine running, drop garlic into processor; blend until finely chopped.
- 2Add sage, thyme, oil, salt and pepper; process until paste forms.
- 3Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- 4Rub meat all over with herb paste.
- 5Cover; chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- 6Preheat oven to 450°F
- 7Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan.
- 8Roast meat 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce oven temperature to 350°F
- 10Roast meat until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes (or 140°F for medium, about 40 minutes).
- 11Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes.
- 12Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- 13Arrange slices on platter.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast New York Strip Loin With Garlic-Herb Crust
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 597.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves