1/1 Photo of Roast Nectarine Tart
1 hr 25 mins
tomoko matsunaga's Note:
I made this yesterday for one of my classmate's birthday. Everyone had to bring one dish each so I choose to bring this. It was hot day and kitchen also gets really hot that so hard to make pastry, but in the end I managed to make it somehow. the combination of creamy custard and full of butter flavoured pastry was really nice and the caramelized roast nectarines gave extra flavour and texture! and it looked very pretty too! I think its probably better to make day before and keep the tart in the fridge to firm the custard completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 125 g cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water, approximately (I did not use water since butter started melting and the dough was very very soft)
- 1Grease 19cm*27cm loose-based flan tin. make pastry.
- 3Blend or process flour, sugar and chopped butter until combined.Add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients just come back together.
- 4Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat the oven to moderate (180°/160 fan-forced).
- 6Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin.
- 7Ease dough into prepared tin, press into sides;trim edges.
- 8Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover pastry case with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice; place on oven tray.
- 9Bake, uncovered, 10minutes, remove paper and beans; bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until pastry case is browned lightly. cool.
- 10Make creme pattissiere while pastry is cooling.
- 11Creme pattissiere:.
- 12Combine cream, milk and sugar in medium saucepan. Split vanilla bean in half lengthways, scrape seeds into saucepan, then add pod; bring to a boil. Remove from heat;discard pod.
- 13Beat egg yolk in small bowl and mix until thick and creamy.beat in cornflour. gradually beat in hot creme mixture. strain mixture into same cleaned saucepan; stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; whisk in butter.
- 14Cover surface of custard with plastic wrap; cool to room temperature,.
- 15Increase oven temperature to hot(220°C/200°C fan-forced).
- 16Place nectarines in single layer in large shallow baking dish; sprinkle with juice and sugar.
- 17Roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until nectarines are soft; cool.
- 18Meanwhile, spoon creme pattisiere into pastry case, cover; refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Top with nectarines.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Nectarine Tart
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.3
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 196.9 mg
- Sodium 150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 47.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: