Recipe by Lani D
eat is all by itself or as a side dish. Filled with good fats, fiber, antioxidants and potassium.
- 600 g field mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 french shallots, root end trimmed skin left on
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar (use white wine vinegar if you cant find)
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 200 g baby green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, lemon juice and shallots and gently toss until coated.
- Roast for 30 minutes, occasionally spooning over the juices.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature Slip shallots from skin and discard the skin.
- Pour the cooking juices into a large bowl. Add the tarragon vinegar, tarragon and parsley, mix and season well.
- Blanch beans in boiling water for 2 minutes or so. Drain and add dressing while still hot.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters or eights if large, and add to the beans with the shallots and rocker. Gently toss together and serve on a platter or make 4 individual servings.