Recipe by silky
This makes a deliciously different roast loin of pork. The basting sauce is fantastic and great as a mop for many different roasted/grilled meats.
Top Review by M. Joan
Your recipe is awesome! Loved the flavor and, you are right, the hasting sauce (as well as rub mixture) is fantastic. I used a boneless pork loin, which was 2.27 lbs. and needed the entire roasting time. I also used a meat thermometer. Thanx, Silky, for a great recipe!
- 4 lbs lean loin pork
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 pineapple rings, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove most fat from the meat; sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or roasting pan and brown pork quickly on all sides.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, ginger and lime juice; rub mixture into roast.
- Place meat in a roasting pan, rib side down, cook in hot oven for 25 minutes per pound, or about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- About 30 minutes before roast is done, place pineapple rings on top, sprinkle with sugar, and finish cooking.
- During cooking, baste roast a few times with the pineapple juice-vinegar-soy mixture and the pan juices.
- Serve with pan gravy.