Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This easy marinade adds some zing to your chicken!
- Joint the chicken legs and slash the skin of each piece of chicken a couple times, so the marinade can be easily absorbed.
- Mix the juice of one lime together with the vinegar and olive oil.
- Smear this over the chicken and leave for up to 30 minutes, turning a couple times.
- Place the chicken in a lightly oiled dish and pour over the marinade.
- Bake at 400F or 200C for 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Turn once, halfway through.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, halve the two remaining limes and arrange them around the chicken.
DH and I thought this was just OK. We thought it was a little bland.
I used 6 HUGE skin on chicken thighs but the full Tbs of vinegar and 2 Tbs of olive oil. I marinated them for the full 30 minutes. I baked them skin side up for 30 minutes without turning... didn't even see that until now! After 15 minutes, I did baste them however. At the end of 30 minutes, I drained off the fat and juices in the dish and broiled them for about 7 minutes to really crisp up the skin. YUM!!! In step 7, I did not have enough limes to halve and roast... so I left them out. Was this purely for presentation or to squeeze over the chicken for a little more lime taste? I think an extra squeeze of juice at the end would go well with the balsamic... The thighs were very tender and juicy... My BF and I really loved them. I served it with Creamy Parmesan Broccoli for a delicious and easy meal. Thanks for a keeper!
i used turkey thighs and covered with foil. this was delicious! very tender and flavorful.