Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love lemon myrtle and the flavor of lemon and it just works well with chicken.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 leek
- 1 brown onion
- 1⁄2 bunch celery
- 4 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon-infused olive oil (lemon myrtle infused olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, zest of
- sea salt
- 1 cup white wine
- Chop celery, onion and leek.
- Saute in olive oil until soft.
- Add in 2 teaspoons garlic lemon grass, lemon zest and season.
- Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 teaspoons garlic, lemon juice and stir.
- Stuff chicken with cooked mixture.
- Place cup of wine in base of baking pan.
- Place chicken on baking rack in tray.
- Rub chicken with oil and herbs.
- Cook for 90 minutes at 180°C basting as needed.
I enjoyed this chicken very much! The lemon flavor was outstanding and all of the indredients really complimented each other well- especially the wine! The only difference I made was that I used lemon zest since I couldn't find lemongrass and I used a boneless, skinless chicken breast instead of a whole chicken (just cooking for me tonight)! Thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC 2007.