Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another of my creations for a roasted chicken. SOURCE SHADOWS
- 6 lbs roasting chickens
- 5 small onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large lemon, baseball size, cut in half
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15 baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons your favorite barbecue rub, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup beer or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 whole kosher dill pickles, speared
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 350f.
- Prepare vegetables and place in bottom of oiled 4 quart cast iron dutchoven.
- Reserve 1 dill pickle spears ( one whole pickle ).
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over chicken.
- Place lemon halves in chicken cavity.
- Place 1 dill pickle spears into cavity (one whole pickle ).
- Pour lime juice over chicken and spread barbeque rub over outside of chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beer or wine to pot.
- Roast for 2.5 hours uncovered or until done. Baste often with pan juices.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before slicing.