Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe by Diane Rossen Worthington, Seriously Simple: Easy Recipes for Creative Cooks. Big flavor from a very simple combination. Increase amounts for additional servings.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest (use your microplane)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus 1 more tablespoon for garnish
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pitted green olives, rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 425?.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tablespoons rosemary and a dash of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the chicken in an oven-proof skillet. (a 10-inch cast iron skillet works well). Pour the lemon/herb mixture over the chicken.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pan and distribute as evenly as possible.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and cook on the stovetop over medium heat for a couple of minutes, scraping up the tasty cooked bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the green olives and cook just a minute more.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the extra tablespoon of chopped rosemary.