Recipe by Diane Rossen Worthington, Seriously Simple: Easy Recipes for Creative Cooks. Big flavor from a very simple combination. Increase amounts for additional servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (use your microplane)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus 1 more tablespoon for garnish
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, rinsed
- 1Preheat the oven to 425?.
- 2Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tablespoons rosemary and a dash of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3Put the chicken in an oven-proof skillet. (a 10-inch cast iron skillet works well). Pour the lemon/herb mixture over the chicken.
- 4Add the garlic cloves to the pan and distribute as evenly as possible.
- 5Roast for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- 6Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and cook on the stovetop over medium heat for a couple of minutes, scraping up the tasty cooked bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 7Add the green olives and cook just a minute more.
- 8Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the extra tablespoon of chopped rosemary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Lemon-Garlic Chicken With Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.1
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 681.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 35.2 g