Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Treat your family to something delicious for dinner! This is from FC magazine.
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 25 garlic cloves, peeled (large bulb)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon rind, juice, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in flameproof roasting pan. Spoon lemon-herb mixture over top. Place garlic around chicken, stirring to coat cloves.
- Roast in 425°F oven 40 to 45 minutes (internal temperature 170°F). Transfer chicken and garlic to platter.
- Add broth to pan. Place over medium-high heat; scrape up bits from bottom. Add olives; heat through. Pour over chicken. Top with parsley.
Made this for ZWT 5's trip to Spain and loved everything about it. It has outstanding flavor and was easy for me to incorporate into my Weight Watcher's eating plan. I used boneless, skinless breasts but otherwise cooked as directed. Thank you so much for posting it and I have it now safely tucked into my cookbook of chicken favorites!
So easy to prepare and tastes so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I used the zest of 3 lemons and their juices. I also did not use the chicken broth as there were plenty of sauce. Great recipe.
Count me in the five star club. I just made this tonight for dinner and it was fabulous! I love the mixture of fresh herbs and the recipe is so easy! This will definitely be made gain!