Recipe by cookiedog
Treat your family to something delicious for dinner! This is from FC magazine.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Made this for ZWT 5's trip to Spain and loved everything about it. It has outstanding flavor and was easy for me to incorporate into my Weight Watcher's eating plan. I used boneless, skinless breasts but otherwise cooked as directed. Thank you so much for posting it and I have it now safely tucked into my cookbook of chicken favorites!
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 25 garlic cloves, peeled (large bulb)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon rind, juice, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in flameproof roasting pan. Spoon lemon-herb mixture over top. Place garlic around chicken, stirring to coat cloves.
- Roast in 425°F oven 40 to 45 minutes (internal temperature 170°F). Transfer chicken and garlic to platter.
- Add broth to pan. Place over medium-high heat; scrape up bits from bottom. Add olives; heat through. Pour over chicken. Top with parsley.