Treat your family to something delicious for dinner! This is from FC magazine.
Make and share this Roast Lemon-Garlic Chicken With Green Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 25 garlic cloves, peeled (large bulb)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon rind, juice, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in flameproof roasting pan. Spoon lemon-herb mixture over top. Place garlic around chicken, stirring to coat cloves.
- Roast in 425°F oven 40 to 45 minutes (internal temperature 170°F). Transfer chicken and garlic to platter.
- Add broth to pan. Place over medium-high heat; scrape up bits from bottom. Add olives; heat through. Pour over chicken. Top with parsley.