Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Roast Lemon and Pepper Brussels Sprouts With Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Place brussel sprouts on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 20 min, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine parsley, butter, pepper, and rind, stirring well.
- Add butter mixture to brussel sprouts and toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe requires close attention. I quartered the sprouts per the recipe, but had a lot of loose leaves that burned due to the sugar. I would halve the Brussels sprouts next time, and remove any unattached leaves before roasting. Also, one must pay close attention to the sprouts to make sure they are not over-cooked. My SIL enjoyed these, but DH and I would prefer steamed Brussels sprouts with melted Olivio. Made for Zaar Cookbooks Tag.
The sugar added a nice touch of sweetness to these without being too sweet. I halved the brussels sprouts for quicker cooking, but then did roast mine a bit too long as they didn't look done after 20 minutes--25 minutes probably would have been just right in my oven.