1/10 Photos of Roast Leg of Lamb With Rosemary and Garlic
2 hrs 10 mins
This is a dish we eat once or twice a month. For a change, you can cook sliced potatoes and sauteed onions in stock under the lamb. They get all those yummy garlicky juices dripping on to them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350f.
- 2With a small, sharp knife cut slits all over the lamb (top and bottom).
- 3Insert the slivers of garlic, and the rosemary sprigs.
- 4Brush the lamb with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place on a wire rack in a baking tin and pour in 3/4 cup of water.
- 6Roast for about 2 hours basting often with the pan juices.
- 7remove from oven and cover loosely with foil.
- 8Allow to"rest" for about 15 minutes before carving.
- 9We serve with roasted vegetables, peas, gravy and mint jelly.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Leg of Lamb With Rosemary and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.0
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 227.9 mg
- Sodium 194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 63.2 g