1/6 Photos of Roast Leg of Lamb With All the Trimmings
The Flying Chef's Note:
Yummy lamb roast with all the accompaniments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the lamb
- olive oil
- 1 2/3 kg leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon sage, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, extra
- 130 g paxo sage and onion with lemon seasoned stuffing mix
- 25 g butter
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules, concentrated (cube, powder, paste)
- 300 g ground chicken
Broccoli Cauliflower cheese
- 1 1/3 kg broccoli, and caulifour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 3/4-1 cup extra gruyere, for top
- 3/4-1 cup parmesan cheese, for the top
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, for the top
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg celeriac
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 90 g plain yogurt
Fresh corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons bisto, instant gravy granules
- 2I prefer to slow roast my lamb and turn the heat up at the end, so that is the recipe I am posting, but you can cook the lamb how you like.
- 3Place lamb on roasting tray. Rub lamb with olive oil. Cut 3 slits across top of lamb stuff sliced garlic into them. Sprinkle thyme, sage, rosemary, mint and extra garlic powder evenly over the top of the lamb.
- 4Cook lamb in very slow oven 100c for 3 1/2-4 hours, turn oven up to 180c for the last 1 1/2 and cook until browned and done as desired.
- 5Remove lamb and wrap in foil to keep warm turn up oven temperature to 220c this is for the Yorkshire puddings (recipe follows below.).
- 7Add 1/2 cup boiling water to butter and chicken stock to dissolve then pour this into mix, add the rest of the water according to packet directions remembering to minus the half cup already added.
- 82. Fluff stuffing with fork, add chicken and mix until well combined.
- 9Note: If you can’t get chicken mince you can use chicken fillets and just whiz with bar mix until there are no lumps of chicken meat in it.
- 103. Place stuffing into either large baking dish or I prefer to use two small ones so I can place one at each end of the table. Bake in pre-heated oven 200c for 35 minutes, until browned on top and cooked through.
- 11Note: I make this earlier in the day and just reheat in the microwave.
- 12Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese.
- 13Chop broccoli and cauliflower into medium and small Florette’s, Add enough water to a saucepan to cover veg, add broccoli and cauliflower and boil until just tender.
- 14Remove and strain allow veg to stand for some time to make sure all the water has drained, otherwise it makes the sauce go all watery.
- 15In a pan heat milk, add a little water to cornflour and mix pour into milk and stir until mixture thickens, don’t worry if it seems quite thick it is meant to be.
- 16Arrange broccoli and cauliflower in an oven proof dish top with sauce, sprinkle breadcrumbs and extra cheese over the top and bake for 15-20 at 180c minutes until browned and heated through.
- 17Note: This can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator if you do this do not sprinkle with breadcrumbs or cheese until just before cooking in the oven.
- 19Par boil the potatoes in a saucepan drain, place in a large bowl and cover with water until ready to use.
- 20When you turn the oven up to 180c for the final cooking of the lamb, remove lamb from oven and add potatoes to roasting tray, spoon some of the juices from the lamb and roast potatoes with lamb for the last 11/2 hours.
- 21Roasted Celeriac.
- 22Cut celeriac into wedges, combine wedges in a bowl with the olive oil.
- 23Transfer celeriac wedges to a baking dish with garlic bulb and bake in 180c oven for about an hour or until celeriac is soft and golden brown.
- 24Remove celeriac to a bowl. Cut garlic bulb in half and squeeze garlic out of each bulb over celeriac, add parsley and toss to combine serve topped with yogurt.
- 25Honeyed Carrots.
- 26Boil carrots until just tender drain. Melt butter in a pan add honey and carrots toss to combine and serve immediately.
- 27Fresh Corn on the cob.
- 28Peel outer leaves from corn removing all stringy bits and wash.
- 29Add some water to a pan enough to cover the corn and bring to the boil, add corn and boil for about 15 Min’s, drain. Cut butter into chunks and rub over hot corn until the corn is thoroughly covered, serve immediately.
- 30Yorkshire Puddings.
- 31Whisk all ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- 32Divide about 2 tablespoons oil between a 12 hole patty tin. Heat in a hot oven 220c for a few minutes, remove and keep oven door closed to keep in heat. Divide batter among holes and put back into oven bake 15-20 Min’s or until golden.
- 34I couldn't find a way for them to accept 3 tablespoons of roasting pan juices under ingredients so please add this to gravy.
- 35Add pan juices to gravy jug with granules and add water according to the amount suggested on the brand of granules you use.
- 36To serve: Carve lamb and place on large serving platter with potatoes and Yorkshire puddings all other dishes serve separately place all dishes on table for everyone to help themselves. Serve lamb with gravy and mint sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Leg of Lamb With All the Trimmings
Serving Size: 1 (1060 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1845.9
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 413.1 mg
- Sodium 1780.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 113.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: