Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I figured that pleasing my guests was just as important as pleasing me. With this recipe I actually pleased all of us. I must say that this was the best leg of lamb I had ever roasted. It was succulent, tender and very savory throughout. The spices combined very well so as to enhance the flavor of the lamb rather than cover it. We were all very pleased with the meat, and I would certainly serve it again. ARMENIAN POWER!
- Mix garlic, basil and mint.
- Cut deep slits into the lamb and fill them with the mixture.
- Salt and pepper the lamb.
- Sprinkle with dried rosemary and top with the sliced onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast in a 350F oven, about 1/2 hour per pound of lamb.
- Remove the foil for the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
This was really tasty, I liked the flavour of the basil throughout. Cook time was perfect. I didnt use onions but it was still delicious. Thanks for sharing.