Recipe by Norelllaura1
I have to say my dad was the only member that could make a fantastic meal. No matter how late it was, at least 4 kids would show up looking to be fed. The easiest and most elegant thing he ever did was leg of lamb. I've given this to my ex-mother-in-law and many of her friends!
- 1 (5 lb) leg of lamb
- 1 -2 clove elephant garlic, mashed with a knife and finely slivered
- 1⁄2 cup caraway seed (or enough to coat leg)
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- A meat thermometer.
- create slits in leg of lamb all over.
- insert cloves of garlic into slits and roll in caraway seeds to coat entirely.
- place on roasting rack over a deep (pan roasting pan).
- fill pan with water about halfway.
- insert thermometer into thickest part of lamb.
- place on rack over pan and tent with tinfoil.
- cook at 350 until almost done (reading will show on thermometer) remove foil and finish cooking.
- use drippings in pan to make gravy.
- serve with any side dishes you like.
- This always comes out juicy, tender and delicious; don't let the amount of steps fool you into thinking this is a long process.
- It's really very quick to prep, elegant to serve and tastes great!
- Best tip is to make sure you don't run out of liquid in the pan (top-up with water as needed) as this keeps the lamb moist and tender!