Recipe by MizzNezz
Lamb and this sauce go together great. Make this one for your next dinner party. It's very easy, just let it cook while you do other preparations for the party. Then just before serving, the sauce can be made in 5 minutes.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
What a pleasant change from the normal mint sauce served with lamb - this indeed is very good but probably there are those that will think it is too far out for the traditional lamb roast. Try it you will like it.
- 4 -5 lbs leg of lamb
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup plum jelly
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub leg of lamb with garlic.
- Mix remaining ingredients; rub into lamb.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in 325* oven for about 3 hrs; or until thermometer registers 180*.
- FOR SAUCE: Mix jelly with remaining sauce ingredients in small saucepan.
- Cook over med-hi heat, stirring until thickened and smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve alongside roast.