Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Though lamb is high in fat, it is a good source of protein, B vitamins, and zinc, which helps with immune functioning. So savor this rich meat slowly, enjoying the gremolata made with parsley, mint, lemon, and garlic. You'll get plenty of vitamins A and C from the bell peppers, and they make a mild addition to this delicious meal. GOOD TO KNOW: Add a small side salad of baby spinach or arugula for an extra serving of vegetables, rich in folate and antioxidants.
- 1182.95 ml vertically sliced red onions (about 2 onions)
- 473.18 ml yellow bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 473.18 ml orange bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 473.18 ml red bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 88.74 ml olive oil, divided
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 3401.94 g leg of lamb, trimmed
- 59.14 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml finely chopped of fresh mint
- 44.37 ml grated lemon rind
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F To prepare the lamb, combine the first 8 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; add 4 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well to combine. Place the vegetable mixture in the center of a large, deep roasting pan. Rub the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the lamb, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place the lamb on top of the vegetable mixture. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the lam. Bake at 450°F for 50 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (do not remove the lamb from the oven). Bake 20 minutes more, or until the thermometer registers 150°F (for medium-rare). Roast to desired degree of doneness, stirring the vegetables every 15 minutes. Place the roast on a heated platter, and cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Drain the vegetables through a fine sieve into a bowl (reserving the liquid for sauce). Place the vegetables in a bowl, and stir in the parsley and vinegar.
- To prepare the gremolata, combine the ingredients in a small bowl, and toss to combine. Serve a small spoonful with the lamb.