1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Though lamb is high in fat, it is a good source of protein, B vitamins, and zinc, which helps with immune functioning. So savor this rich meat slowly, enjoying the gremolata made with parsley, mint, lemon, and garlic. You'll get plenty of vitamins A and C from the bell peppers, and they make a mild addition to this delicious meal. GOOD TO KNOW: Add a small side salad of baby spinach or arugula for an extra serving of vegetables, rich in folate and antioxidants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups vertically sliced red onions (about 2 onions)
- 2 cups yellow bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 2 cups orange bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips (about 2 peppers)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 lb) leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F To prepare the lamb, combine the first 8 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; add 4 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well to combine. Place the vegetable mixture in the center of a large, deep roasting pan. Rub the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the lamb, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2Place the lamb on top of the vegetable mixture. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the lam. Bake at 450°F for 50 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (do not remove the lamb from the oven). Bake 20 minutes more, or until the thermometer registers 150°F (for medium-rare). Roast to desired degree of doneness, stirring the vegetables every 15 minutes. Place the roast on a heated platter, and cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 3Drain the vegetables through a fine sieve into a bowl (reserving the liquid for sauce). Place the vegetables in a bowl, and stir in the parsley and vinegar.
- 4To prepare the gremolata, combine the ingredients in a small bowl, and toss to combine. Serve a small spoonful with the lamb.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Lamb With Peppers and Mint Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1035.2
- Calories from Fat 613
- Total Fat 68.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 284.9 mg
- Sodium 547.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 82.0 g