1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
We had this for Easter and it was so tender and good! If following the WW flex plan this is only 4 points per serving and is also a Core food. Recipe source: WW Magazine (March 2008)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (7 lb) leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 potatoes, peeled (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2In a large roasting pan combine the red onion, 2 teaspoons oil and garlic in the center of the pan. Place parsley sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and thyme sprigs on top of the onion mixture.
- 3Place lamb on top of herbs and drizzle with remaining oil (1 tablespoon). I also placed 6 peeled potatoes around lamb (not in original directions).
- 4Sprinkle lamb with salt, pepper and chopped herbs.
- 5Roast for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven to 350-degrees F. and roast until meat is done (for medium rare meat thermometer inserted into lamb reads 145-degrees F.) about 75 - 90 minutes.
- 7Transfer lamb to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil for about 15 minutes before slicing. The easy way for me to slice lamb is to hold the leg bone vertically and slice the meat vertically.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.2
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.2 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: