Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
We had this for Easter and it was so tender and good! If following the WW flex plan this is only 4 points per serving and is also a Core food. Recipe source: WW Magazine (March 2008)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (7 lb) leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 potatoes, peeled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan combine the red onion, 2 teaspoons oil and garlic in the center of the pan. Place parsley sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and thyme sprigs on top of the onion mixture.
- Place lamb on top of herbs and drizzle with remaining oil (1 tablespoon). I also placed 6 peeled potatoes around lamb (not in original directions).
- Sprinkle lamb with salt, pepper and chopped herbs.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350-degrees F. and roast until meat is done (for medium rare meat thermometer inserted into lamb reads 145-degrees F.) about 75 - 90 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil for about 15 minutes before slicing. The easy way for me to slice lamb is to hold the leg bone vertically and slice the meat vertically.
Lamb roasted on a bed of aromatics--YUM! We did add some more minced garlic to the topping herbs, and cooked it a bit longer, because we prefer our lamb more well done. This is an excellent recipe. The lamb came out wonderfully tender. We did not add the potatoes, because we were having mashed, but they would certainly be good this way. Thanks for posting!