Recipe by I'mPat
Love Kumara and Sweet Potato and this sounds like a very flavoursome recipe from Recipe+ As we are not fond of coriander I would use sweet basil.
Top Review by **Jubes**
Fantastic salad! We want to give more than5 stars for this very yummy salad. Made just as written. Lovely blend of flavours and textures. This was a great salad. The fennel, coriander, pine-nuts and currants were a really great combination with the roasted kumera. I almost left out the currents....but glad that I did add them in. This is a salad that we will be making again. Photo also to be posted. Reviewed for PAC March 2012
- 2 1⁄2 kg kumara (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil extra)
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup coriander (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (180c fan forced).
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and spread kumara over the prepared trays and sprinkle with the fennel seeds and then drizzle with the oil and season with sold and pepper to taste and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and just tender and then cool on the trays.
- Combine the kumara, pine nuts, currants and coriander in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar and extra oil in a small jug and pour over kumara mixture, tossing well to coat and then serve.