Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 cloves garlic, green sprout removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 6 small spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb king salmon (or other good quality fresh salmon)
- Preheat oven to 425° F degrees.
- Place garlic, butter, pine nuts, pecans, 2 pinches sea salt and 1 grind pepper in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- Pulse process until mixture is finely ground (be careful not to over-process as nuts may turn to butter!).
- Add basil, spinach leaves, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- Process for 20 seconds.
- Gradually add remaining oil until it's a smooth paste that is thick, not runny.
- If needed, add more oil, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add cheese and process for 30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Slice salmon into 4 equal sized fillets and lightly salt and pepper each side.
- Grease a baking pan and place fillets in pan (do not crowd).
- Top each fillet with a smooth coating of pesto.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Do not over-bake!
- Test a fillet by poking a thin knife into the thickest part of the fillet.
- If the knife comes out warm to the touch, the salmon is done.