My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cloves garlic, green sprout removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 6 small spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb king salmon (or other good quality fresh salmon)
- 1Preheat oven to 425° F degrees.
- 2Place garlic, butter, pine nuts, pecans, 2 pinches sea salt and 1 grind pepper in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
- 3Pulse process until mixture is finely ground (be careful not to over-process as nuts may turn to butter!).
- 4Add basil, spinach leaves, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- 5Process for 20 seconds.
- 6Gradually add remaining oil until it's a smooth paste that is thick, not runny.
- 7If needed, add more oil, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 8Add cheese and process for 30 seconds.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Slice salmon into 4 equal sized fillets and lightly salt and pepper each side.
- 11Grease a baking pan and place fillets in pan (do not crowd).
- 12Top each fillet with a smooth coating of pesto.
- 13Bake for approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- 14Do not over-bake!
- 15Test a fillet by poking a thin knife into the thickest part of the fillet.
- 16If the knife comes out warm to the touch, the salmon is done.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast King Salmon with Pesto Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.2
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 213.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g