1/1 Photo of Roast Honey Sesame Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipes sounds so good and the photo in Recipe+ magazine make look even better. Times are estimated and DO NOT included 20 minutes marinating time. They also suggest that you can replace hoisin sauce with plum sauce. You could also use 2 small twin pack chicken but cooking time will vary. For a quick gravy you could mix powdered gravy with boiling water and minced garlic cloves. If dutch carrots are not available use regular carrots and cut into quarters lenghtwise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 5/8 kg whole chickens (1.6 kilogram)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey (clear)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 cm ginger (piece, fresh, sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 spring onions (scallions, coarsely chopped)
- 12 baby potatoes (small, we call them chat)
- 2 bunches baby carrots (dutch carrots, peeled and trimmed)
- 2 red onions (medium cut into wedges)
- 2 zucchini (medium, sliced lengthwise and halved crosswise)
- 2 red capsicums (medium bell peppers cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- 2Rinse chicken cavity under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Trim excess fat from cavity, then tuck the wings underneath and then place chicken breast down in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- 4Combine juice, honey, sesame seeds and hoisin (or plum if using) in a small bowl and whisk to combine and then pour half the mixture over the chick, cover the chicken and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- 5Place chicken breast up in a large roasting pan and place ginger, garlic and spring onions inside cavity and tie legs with kitchen string.
- 6Roast for 45 minutes and then remove from oven and add potatoes, carrots, red onion, zucchini and capsicum and drizzle vegetables with oil and put back in the oven to continue roasting and baste the chicken occassionally with reserved marinade for 35-40 minutes or utill juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a small sharp knife.
- 7Remove from oven and cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- 8Portion chicken and serve with roast vegetables.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Honey Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.9
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 53.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: