Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a good dish to serve to company.
- 4 chicken pieces, maryland
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 green apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Place honey, cider, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat well until combined.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Cook chicken 45 minutes.
- Place on plates.
- Pour any pan juices in baking dish in saucepan.
- add cider, apple slices and brandy.
- bring to boil.
- Lower heat, simmer until it has reduced slightly.
Not bad, but the combination of flavors wasn't as good as I'd thought it would be.
A mixed review for us. DS and I were okay with this, except we thought there was a tad too much honey. It sort of took away the apple flavor away, though there was some apple flavor. It is an easy to prepare/make recipe though, might take away some of the honey flavor next time. Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap #25.