Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Real Simple. If making it vegan? Simply omit the mayo or use a vegan mayo.
- 16 fresh baby artichokes
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- mayonnaise (optional) or vegan mayonnaise, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Trim the artichoke. Remove and discard the tough, dark green outer leaves until you can see the pale green heart underneath. Trim stem. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise.
- In an oven proof skillet, combine everything but the mayo and the artichokes. Then add the artichokes and toss.
- Roast, stirring twice, until the artichokes are tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the zest.
- Serve with the mayo (if desired).