Recipe by velorutionista
One of my favorite ways to cook halibut when it's in season! This is simple and tasty--I someimes slice a lemon and roast the slices along with the fish, but it's not really necessary. As with all fish dishes, the fresher the fish, the better.
Top Review by Grace-AK
My halibut came out kind of chewy and we didn't really care for the lemon taste that the potatoes had after adding the lemon juice. Also, the garlic burned and so did the herbs on top of the fish. This wasn't exactly my favorite.
- 2 lbs halibut fillets
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fingerling potatoes, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put sliced potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic in a large (12" or so) cast iron pan and mix well. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Lay halibut fillet on top of potatoes, sprinkle with chopped rosemary, chopped parsley, lemon juice and zest. Bake 8-10 minutes per inch of halibut thickness, or until just cooked through.