Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was posted for a request, and is one of the simple ways I like Guinea fowl served.
- 2 guinea fowl
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices fatty bacon
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to very hot.
- Fold the wings behing the bird, and tie the legs loosely together.
- Brush with the butter and cover the breasts with the slices of bacon.
- Place on a rack set over a baking dish and cook in the center of the oven for 20 minutes per pound.
- Transfer the birds to a warmed serving dish and cover.
- Add the wine to the pan juices with the lemon juice and boil rapidly for a moment or two.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve with the birds.
- Discard the bacon.