Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great with venison, buffalo or pork roasts.
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice or 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice
- 5 juniper berries, crushed
- pepper (4 turns of a pepper grinder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef extract
- In a sauce pan combine all the ingredients and simmer until reduced to 1/2.
- When reduced strain and thicken slightly with cornstarch in needed.
- Ladle over thinly sliced meat.