Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Garnish the serving tray with small apples and grapes.
Make and share this Roast Goose With Molasses Ginger Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10 lb) goose
- For molasses glaze: In medium bowl combine molasses, bottled hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and coarsely ground black pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove giblets from goose to use another time or discard.
- Rinse goose in cold water, removing as much fat as possible from body cavity.
- Pat goose dry with paper towels and pierce skin all over with prongs of large fork.
- Season goose with salt, inside and out.
- Arrange breast side up on rack in large shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 425°F for 15 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Continue roasting for 20 to 23 minutes per pound until thermometer inserted between leg and thickest part of thigh registers 180°F (make sure thermometer does not touch bone).
- Drain off all fat from pan.
- Brush some of molasses glaze completely over goose.
- Continue roasting 20 minutes, brushing with molasses mixture after 10 minutes.
- Remove goose from oven; cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
This was my First Christmas Goose, but will NOT be my last! I am already getting hungry for next year! I mixed this recipe with the "Forcemeat and Apple/Cranberry Stuffing" Recipe and it was DELISH!!!