1 hr 10 mins
I have not tried this, but thought I'd post this for anyone thinking of making a goose for Christmas. This looks so easy! This is courtesy of the "21 Club" restaraunt in New York. From "Bon Appetit."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500.
- 2Remove giblets and neck from goose.
- 3Remove excess fat from main cavity of goose.
- 4Rinse goose inside and out with cold water.
- 5Pat dry with paper towels.
- 6Combine thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- 7Place goose, breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 8Sprinkle goose with half of herb mixture.
- 9Place orange and lime wedges in cavity of goose.
- 10Turn goose so that breast side is up.
- 11Sprinkle remaining herbs over goose.
- 12Roast goose 1 hour.
- 13Turn off oven (do not open oven door) and let goose stand in oven 45 minutes (thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh will register 180.) Remove goose from oven; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 14Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Goose Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Goose Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Goose with Citrus and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1114.3
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 327.9 mg
- Sodium 1027.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 91.0 g