Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is how I make roasted chicken. SOURCE: Me :)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 inches fresh ginger, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 onion, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash chicken inside and out, pat dry with paper towels.
- Stuff the bottom and neck cavities with the ginger, garlic, lemon, onion, and half the celery.
- Place chicken in a roasting dish, rub with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover cavities with skin and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the rest of the ingredients and the other half of the celery around the chicken.
- Sprinkle veggies with the other half tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover dish and roast for 1/2 an hour.
- Remove dish from the oven, transfer veggies to another roasting dish, and baste chicken with juices.
- Return both pans to oven and cook for 1/2 an hour to 35 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- If chicken is not browned, turn on the grill and grill until well browned, turning to brown all sides.
- Discard toothpicks and stuffing ingredients and serve.