Recipe by Dropbear
have been addicted to dipping seafood into mayonnaise. In this recipe I’ve given the hand-whisking method to make the aïoli. However, it can also be made in the small bowl of a food processor
- 1 head garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 cup light-flavoured oil such as vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Cut 1cm off the top of the head of garlic and discard. Loosely wrap the garlic in foil and roast for 45 minutes or until very soft. Cool then press the softened cloves from the skins. Crush the cloves on a board with the side of a large knife to form a paste.
- Whisk together the garlic paste with the egg yolks, vinegar, salt and paprika. Add in the oil, drop by drop, whisking continuously until thick. Finally whisk in the sherry. This recipe makes 200mls of roast garlic, paprika and sherry aïoli.