Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple dressing is so easy to make and tastes great. Drizzle a little on a slice of fresh roma tomato with some whole milk mozzarella and basil. You'll never eat at Olive Garden again. See my Roasted Garlic Oil, if you need to.
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup roast garlic oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a small sauce pan, mix the balsamic and the sugar. Heat on low and reduce by half.
- Pour balsamic reduction into a blender and add the mustard and the salt and pepper.
- Cover and start blending on low.
- If your blender lid has the small cap, remove it and slowly pour in the oil.
- Once all the oil is poured in, put the small cap back on and blend on high for about a minute.
I would make this again but changing the ratio of the vinegar to oil to equal parts. The garlic oil truly is divine, but the balsamic vinegar overpowered it.
Delicious! This was so much better than the roasted garlic balsamic dressing that I buy. I used recipe #210046 for the oil. Also, I threw a few of the roasted garlic cloves into the blender for a little extra garlic flavor. We loved this! Thank you for this wonderful, easy recipe. I made this for PAC 2007.