Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from LCBO Food and Drink magazine. Fingerling potatoes are buttery and just need a simple toss with olive oil and seasoning before roasting. The cremini mushrooms add a wonderful depth of flavour when roasted - top them both with Stilton and you have a wonderful side dish for your favourite roast meat or poultry.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 ounce Stilton cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Cut any very long potatoes in half crosswise or thick ones in half lengthwise. Combine potatoes, mushrooms, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and toss to coat with oil.
- Sread into a shallow 8 cup (2-L) baking dish.
- Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes until liquid is released from mushrooms. Uncover and stir. Roast, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and both potatoes and mushrooms are browned.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish. Crumble Stilton overtop and let stand for 1 minute until melted. Serve immediately.