1/1 Photo of Roast Fillet of Beef with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce
An elegant roast that is very simple to prepare and will !WOW! everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400F degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- 3Pat beef dry.
- 4Add to skillet and brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 7 minutes.
- 5Place rack in roasting pan.
- 6Transfer beef to rack.
- 7Roast about 25 minutes for rare, or longer, if desired.
- 8Pour oil from skillet.
- 9Add butter and melt over medium-low heat.
- 10Add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- 11Add mushrooms, tarragon and salt.
- 12Increase heat to medium, cover and cook until mushrooms release their juices, stirring once or twice, about 6 minutes.
- 13Add wine and bring to boil.
- 14Boil uncovered until almost no liquid remains, about 2 minutes.
- 15Mix in 1 cup stock.
- 16Stir cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup stock in small bowl.
- 17Add cornstarch to mushroom sauce and bring to boil; stirring constantly.
- 18Boil until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 19Cut beef into ½ inch slices.
- 20Overlap slices on plates.
- 21Spoon sauce over and serve.
- 22This is excellent served with Scalloped Potatoes with Cream and Broccoli with Lemon-Garlic Crumbs (in my recipes).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Fillet of Beef with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.8
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 632.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 52.8 g