1 hr 8 mins
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog, It is good served with Bay Flavored Brown and Wild Rice and Green Beans and Mushrooms. Bicentennial Rub is a Penzeys blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 -18 ounce) Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons bicentennial rub seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Wash the hens and pat dry with paper towel.
- 3Coat each hen with vegetable oil, then rub with Bicentennial Rub.
- 4Top with small pieces of butter.
- 5Place hens in a roasting pan with a rack for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and cook until skin is crisp and golden brown and the meat is done. This will take about 45-60 minutes.
- 6While cooking, you may occasionally baste the hens. Alternately, you may cook the hens upside down for 1/2 the time, then cook right side up to keep the beast meat juicy.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Cornish Hens
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.1
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 428.0 mg
- Sodium 349.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 90.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: