Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog, It is good served with Bay Flavored Brown and Wild Rice and Green Beans and Mushrooms. Bicentennial Rub is a Penzeys blend.
- 2 (16 -18 ounce) Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons bicentennial rub seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Wash the hens and pat dry with paper towel.
- Coat each hen with vegetable oil, then rub with Bicentennial Rub.
- Top with small pieces of butter.
- Place hens in a roasting pan with a rack for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and cook until skin is crisp and golden brown and the meat is done. This will take about 45-60 minutes.
- While cooking, you may occasionally baste the hens. Alternately, you may cook the hens upside down for 1/2 the time, then cook right side up to keep the beast meat juicy.