Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A special dinner just for 2. The recipe is from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Roast Cornish Game Hens With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 Cornish hen, thawed if frozen (24 oz)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove and discard neck and giblets from game hen and with kitchen scissors, cut hen in half; place halves, skin side up, in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together garlic salt, chili powder, ginger, cumin and oil.
- Brush hen halves with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture, to the remaining mixture in bowl, add the potatoes and bell pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables around the hen halves and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until hen halves are fork-tender and juices run clear, and vegetables are tender.
What a wonderful easy dinner to prepare. We loved the flavors of spices on the game hen and the veggies. This worked very well together. The hen was nice and tender. My red potatoes were on the extra firm side after cooking. Thats due to using med and not small potatoes. The sweet potatoes just melted in your mouth. Thanks for posting. :)
Very easy meal! great flavor!