Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
From June 07' Ladies Home Journal. Looking forward to trying this for a party I'm hosting.
- 6 Cornish hens, cut in half, backbone removed (2 1/4 lbs. each)
- 12 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 pineapple, rind cut away and core discarded, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and arrange rack in center. Rinse hens and pat dry; arrange, cut side down, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss together shallots and oil in a small bowl; arrange around hens. Combine butter and garlic in bowl ; brush hens. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and arrange rack 6 inches from heat. Broil hens till golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer hens and shallots to a large serving platter.
- Pour drippings into a bowl. Arrange pineapple slices, in a single layer, on same baking sheet and lightly brush with some drippings (discard remaining drippings). Broil until just starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Arrange on platter with hens; drizzle with pineapple juices from pan.