1 hr 10 mins
Pixie's Kitchen's Note:
From June 07' Ladies Home Journal. Looking forward to trying this for a party I'm hosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 Cornish hens, cut in half, backbone removed (2 1/4 lbs. each)
- 12 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 pineapple, rind cut away and core discarded, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and arrange rack in center. Rinse hens and pat dry; arrange, cut side down, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss together shallots and oil in a small bowl; arrange around hens. Combine butter and garlic in bowl ; brush hens. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat broiler and arrange rack 6 inches from heat. Broil hens till golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer hens and shallots to a large serving platter.
- 3Pour drippings into a bowl. Arrange pineapple slices, in a single layer, on same baking sheet and lightly brush with some drippings (discard remaining drippings). Broil until just starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Arrange on platter with hens; drizzle with pineapple juices from pan.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Cornish Game Hens With Pineapple & Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 471.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 24.4 g